To provide the highest standard of medical care to our patients; to seek continuous improvement in the health of our practice population; to deliver healthcare in an accessible, flexible and innovative way meeting our patients needs, and to reflect advances in Primary Healthcare and changing political and economic circumstances. To provide our team with a supportive and rewarding place to work.
OUR STATEMENT OF INTENT
This practice plans to offer the facility for patients to view online, export or print detailed coded information held in their own records from 1st April 2016 subject to the necessary NHS GP systems and software being available to the practice.
The current online patient services are supplied by:
GP System Supplier - INPS
GP System Version - Vision
This practice currently offers the following facility for patients:
- To book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online.
- To order their medication online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions or medicines and appliances.
- To view on line, export or print any summary information from their record, relating to medication, allergies and advers reactions.
We have publicized and promoted our online services to our patients through the practice website, newsletters, posters and patient booklet.
We are now working towards expanding patient online access to records to include information on diagnosis, consultation history, procedures and test results with effect from 1st April 2016.
We will be doing this in the following stages to ensure the necessary processes are in place, to safeguard patient confidentiality, resolve any technical issues and promote effective use of the enhanced records access:
- Offer to our patient group members to use.
- Review this process and identify any areas for improvement.
- Promote access to specific larger groups of patients - for example those with long term conditions.
- Commence access to DCR for all patients who request it.
If you would like to register for Patient Services, you will need to come into the surgery with proof of photo ID and complete a registration form.
For more information about how to register for these services, please click here.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Provide a high standard of medical care
- Be committed to our patients needs
- Act with integrity and complete confidentiality
- Be courteous, approachable, friendly and accommodating
- Ensure safe and effective services and environment
- To improve as a patient centred service through decision making and communication
- To maintain and develop our motivated and skilled work teams
- Through monitoring and auditing continue to improve our healthcare services
- Maintain high quality of care through continuous learning and training
- To guide our employees in accordance with diversity and equality
- To ensure effective and robust information governance systems
- Treat all patients and staff with dignity, respect and honesty.